Kanban Management Professional | KMP II
“What is the best way to manage my Kanban system day to day?”
The KMP II: Kanban Management Professional class focuses on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma.
Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences. The class also covers recommended meetings, handling metrics, and setting policy.
Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
Understand asymmetrical commitment
Rollout phases for a kanban initiative
Developing a service orientation
Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing kanban
Scumban case study
Managing evolutionary change
Taught by a Lean Kanban University
Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT)
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
Prior attendance at KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design or any previous Lean Kanban University Foundations-level class such as Getting Started with Kanban or Certified Kanban Practitioner is preferred (required to achieve the KMP status — see below).
This class is for people who currently use a Kanban system, or have prior experience with Kanban, or who are in the KMP training series currently, and/or who have consulting clients who use Kanban.
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
- KMP status recognition, upon completion of all qualifying classes (see “KMP qualification”)
This course, following completion of the KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design class, satisfies the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation requirement. Attendees will receive the following recognition:
- Digital KMP status certificate attached to Lean Kanban University website profile
- KMP badge on the LKU website
- KMP badge file for use in professional websites, business cards and other locations
- Eligibility for special invitations, discounts, and content only available to LKU members