KMMF: Evolving Fit-for-Purpose Organizations
(Accelerated 1 day class for KCP)
- Understand the breadth of general kanban practices and the depth of specific practices implementing general practices such as Visualize and Limit WIP
- Understand the Organizational Maturity Model and the mapping of specific Kanban practices and design patterns
- Learn the cultural values and leadership styles which enable evolution of organizational agility
- Understand the two failure modes of Kanban implementations: aborted start; and false summit plateaus.
- Discover which practices are appropriate at each maturity level to avoid these failure modes
- Learn how to use the model to provide a roadmap for improvement and ideas for what to do next to catalyse the next level of evolutionary change and business improvement
- Learn the definition of “fit-for-purpose” and understand what it takes to evolve an organization that is fit-for-purpose
- Learn how to use KMM together with other models and methods
Instructor: David J Anderson
Who Should Attend?
The course is designated to Certified Kanban Coaching Professionals who would like an accelerated review of the Kanban Maturity Model covering the following topics:
- how to develop further their organizational agility
- appropriate practices that allow delivering on customer expectations
- how to achieve predictable economic outcomes and financial robustness
- how to improve the predictability of their teams’ work and meet customer expectations.
- how to define a realistic roadmap for their organizations based on a profound understanding of their current situation, the characteristics of the organizational culture and the defined purpose.
- what leadership focus and actions are necessary to enable successful improvement.
This course requires the student to have completed the certification program as a Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP). Course participants are encouraged to have read the book Kanban Maturity Model by David J. Anderson and Teodora Bozheva.
Lean Kanban University® Certification
Are you looking for an internationally recognized certification in the Kanban Method? This course is a prerequisite together with the KCP credential for the KMM Lead Appraiser course and credential.
- Understanding KMM levels
- KMM Architecture
- KMM and other models and methods: Lean/TPS, CMMI, Real World Risk Model
- Evolving organizational culture with KMM
- Fit-for-purpose organization
- Developing Organizational Agility
- Risk Management practices
- Developing an antifragile organization
- How to use KMM as a Kanban coach, Change agent, or Project Manager
- Wrap Up