This policy describes how Lean Kanban Inc. and the group of services and lines of business under the Lean Kanban brand, including
- Lean Kanban (leankanban.com)
- Lean Kanban University (edu.leankanban.com)
- David J Anderson School of Management (anderson.leankanban.com)
- Lean Kanban University Kanban Maturity Model (kanbanmaturitymodel.com)
You acknowledge and agree that your personal data may be processed in accordance with this policy. Without this consent, we will be unable to provide you with certain marketing communications, such as sending you news, updates or any offers.
To ask any questions about our data protection compliance, please email email@example.com
Collection and use of your personal information
We collect and process the following information about you; this is for the purposes explained in the section “How we use your personal data”:
Information you give to us
May include name, username, email address (work and/or personal), postal address, telephone number(s), job title, billing information, company details, professional credentials, and any interests, preferences, photos, and answers you give us when:
- you register for a class offered directly by Lean Kanban Services or the David J Anderson School of Management;
- you register for an event organized directly by Lean Kanban Inc., not by a franchise partner
- you sign into or update your alumni profile page on the Lean Kanban University website;
- you purchase or download a product or service directly from our websites;
- you inquire, sign up, or send feedback directly to Lean Kanban regarding our programs, products, or services;
- you submit documentation to participate in our professional development memberships;
- you participate in our community services by contributing content to blogs, workspaces, forums, or webinars;
- you click on or reply to any of our surveys, marketing outreach mailings, webinars, or other content;
Information provided to us by trainers
Name, email address (work and/or personal), plus the class title, class dates, and class locations of Lean Kanban University (LKU) classes you completed. This is information that you provided to a Lean Kanban Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) when you signed up to take LKU certified Kanban training classes. AKT’s get student consent to submit this information to Lean Kanban for the purposes of issuing class certificates and credentials to you.
If you do not give consent to the Lean Kanban Accredited Kanban Trainer to submit this personal data to Lean Kanban, you will still be counted (anonymously) as a student of the class but no LKU certificate, credential, or other verification will be provided to you. The Accredited Kanban Trainer may require consent as a condition of participation in the LKU certified Kanban class.
Information collected automatically
When you visit or use our websites, or interact with our marketing communications, we automatically collect certain information from you, including:
– geo-location data
– operating system and browser type
– browser language
– access times
– application version, platform and settings
– URL of the website you visited before browsing to our websites
– time you spent on each page visited
– URLs of the pages you visited on our websites
– IP address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the internet
– other information about your use of and actions on our websites, including:
– When visitors leave comments on the site or submit a contact form, we collect the data shown in the form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
– If you upload images to the website, including your user profile, comments forms, contact forms, etc., you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
– Our security software analyzes IP address, location and behavior data, and may send information to site administrators. In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username, and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
– We maintain an activity log that tracks login attempts/actions, post and page update and publish actions, comment/pingback submission and management actions, plugin and theme management actions, widget updates, user management actions, and the modification of other various site settings and options. Information collected may include user email address, user role, user login, user display name, user ID, the activity to be recorded, and the timestamp of the activity. Some activities may also include the actor’s IP address and user agent.
– In order to process comment likes, the following information is used: user ID/username (for logged in users), the local site-specific user ID, and a true/false data point that tells us if the user liked a specific comment. Depending on the device used to access the site, we may also collect IP address, user agent, timestamp of event, blog ID, browser language, country code, and device info.
We use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you fill out a form on our website, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits, saving you from having to input the same information again.
For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please visit this informational Cookies page
Information collected by third parties
Google Analytics – collects information about how visitors use our websites Opt Out
Google Adwords – collects information about how visitors interact with our ads.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data provided to us by affiliated trainers to:
- issue class certificates and credentials;
- send email to notify you of how to access your certificates and credentials. The single notification email may contain related offers for class alumni;
- automatically create a Lean Kanban University alumni website account and profile page;
- to compile reports and to help us understand and improve our services. Personal data is anonymized in reports so it is not personally identifiable;
We do not use your personal data provided to us by affiliated trainers to solicit you with offers for products and services unless you consent to receive news and offers directly from Lean Kanban Inc.
For information that is provided directly to Lean Kanban by you, we may use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
– to provide a high level of customer service, including assisting with any of your inquiries, purchases, or registrations, and to notify you of details and any changes to courses or events you signed up for;
– to help operate, maintain and improve our offering;
– to be able to offer you a service, such as advanced training courses you purchase from us, rather than purchasing from an affiliated trainer. Failure to supply us with your data will result in our not being able to offer you the service;
– to communicate with you about our offers, promotions, upcoming events, classes, webinars, reviews and other news or those of our selected partners.;
– to facilitate profiling, segmentation and personalization. These may be based on location, preferences, interests and past actions (including previous course or event purchases);
– to meet our legal obligations, and for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights;
– to compile anonymized reports and to help us understand and improve our services;
You can change or update your marketing communication preferences from the link in the bottom of our marketing emails, or you may email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to request changes or removal of your personal data.
Law, Harm, and the Public Interest
Mergers and Change of Ownership
Display of LKU class alumni information
When an LKU Accredited Kanban Trainer submits your personal data for the purpose of issuing a class certificate or credential, you are automatically set up as a “member” of Lean Kanban University: LKU Class Alumni with an account on the Lean Kanban University website. Youralumni profile page is accessed in the Certified Kanban: Class Alumni section of the Lean Kanban University website.
If the affiliated trainer communicates to us that a class was “public” and not private, then your alumni profile page will be publicly viewable by anyone (unless “hidden” as described below). Your automatically created LKU Alumni profile page displays:
- Your full name, as submitted by the class instructor
- The class(es) you attended, including class name, class type, date, location, instructor
- Your digital class certificate of completion and your digital credential
- Any additional information that you have added including a bio or photo
In addition to the profile page, your full name (and photo if you chose to upload a photo) will be displayed in the LKU Alumni directory on the LKU website and on the class page for each class you attended. This is publicly viewable by anyone. You are also findable through the search feature on the LKU Class Alumni webpages.
A trainer has the option to set a public class to Private Group Visibility, meaning that the class will only be visible to students of that class when they are logged into their LKU alumni accounts.
If the LKU affiliated trainer indicates that the class was “private” rather than public, the class will only be visible to members of the class when they are logged in to their Lean Kanban University website account. The class page, the student profile pages for that class, and the student listings (for that class) in the LKU Alumni directory will not be visible to anyone else. The class details and the class attendees are only visible to attendees of that class, the class instructor, and the Lean Kanban administrators, when logged in to the LKU website.
Hidden student status
Upon request, your LKU Class Alumni student information can be “hidden”. This means that even if the class is “public”, the student will be invisible to anyone but themselves, the class instructor, and Lean Kanban administrators. This would enable you to still have a class certificate and credentials that you can access but no one else could see your student profile page or your name in the LKU Class Alumni directory listing.
Managing your class alumni data
To request your student account be set to “hidden” status, or that your student account is deleted entirely, please email LKU@leankanban.com Note that deleting your student data will delete any previously created class certificates or credentials.
Search engine findability
Each Class Alumni profile page and certificate is blocked from pick up by search engines. However, your listing in the broader LKU Alumni directory, or the class page, may appear in an internet search.
Third party websites, Social Media networks, Advertising
Our websites and emails may contain links to third-party apps, services, tools and websites that are not affiliated with, controlled or managed by us (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter) and these services and links may also include social networking features (such as the Facebook “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and other interactive mini-programs).
Additionally, some of our training courses offered through Lean Kanban Services may be run by partners or affiliated trainers with whom we are collaborating. For example, Lean Kanban Services may run a class that is organized and/or taught by an Accredited Kanban Trainer not directly employed by us. They will need your personal data so that you can be enrolled in the training and in any certification processes available for that training course such as Lean Kanban University certification. We will share only relevant information. This will normally include your name, email address and a phone number in case of emergency. If we need to share any extra information, for example, a correspondence address for training materials to be posted to you, a member of the Lean Kanban staff will contact you prior to the data share to verify you are happy for us to share this information.
We partner with third party networks such as Google AdWords to manage our advertising and may serve you ads on other websites based on your interests. You can opt out of seeing Lean Kanban ads on those specific websites.
International transfer of Information
Protection and security of your personal information
We never sell your personal information to third parties. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment. When sensitive personal information, such as a credit card number and/or geo-location data, is collected on our websites and/or transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Data compiled in reports is anonymized.
We store and process your data on third party services including hosting services, file storage, databases and other services not run by Lean Kanban. We have verified that all of the third-party Data Processor services we use to store your data are GDRP-compliant.
Our Global Operations and Privacy Shield
To bring you our services, we operate globally. Where the laws of your country allow you to do so, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your data in the United States and any other country where we operate. In some of the countries to which we transfer personal data, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those of your country. When we transfer personal data outside of the European Union or EFTA States, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects based on the adequacy of the receiving country’s data protection laws or EU-US Privacy Shield principles.
Lean Kanban Inc., Inc. complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield principles (the “Principles”) regarding the collection, use, sharing, and retention of personal data from the European Union, as described in our EU-US Privacy Shield certification. If you have a Privacy Shield-related complaint, please email email@example.com
As part of our participation in Privacy Shield, if you have a dispute with us about our adherence to the Principles, we will seek to resolve it through our internal complaint resolution process, alternatively through the independent dispute resolution body JAMS.
Privacy Shield participants are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission and other authorized statutory bodies. Under certain circumstances, participants may be liable for the transfer of personal data from the EU to third parties outside the EU. Learn more about the EU-US Privacy Shield here.
Retention of personal information
We retain Personal Information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about the products, services or offers you have expressed an interest in, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the information. Your personal data will generally be stored for up to 5 years. We may, however, keep your personal data for longer than 5 years if we need it to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, the law requires us to maintain it for a longer period or you have not withdrawn your consent. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you request that, as described in “Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information”.
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
We aim to send you content and information that is relevant and engaging, in accordance with the preferences you have expressed when interacting with us. Upon request, Lean Kanban Inc. will provide you with information about whether we hold any personal information about you. If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
– to review the personal data that you have supplied to us
– to request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in personal data that you or our affiliates have supplied to us
– to request that your personal data not be used to contact you
– to request that your personal data be removed from any solicitation list that we use
– to request that your personal data be deleted from our records
– to opt out of being solicited by Lean Kanban Inc.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at privacy@LeanKanban.com or by mail to Lean Kanban Inc., 200 First Avenue West, Suite 404, Seattle, Washington 98119 United States, Attention: Privacy Compliance. You may, at any time, unsubscribe from our marketing communications altogether by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe.
Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails relating to a training course you have purchased, a specific inquiry you have made with us, or an offer that you signed up for (i.e. download an ebook).
If you request that all your personal data be deleted from Lean Kanban records, this will nullify and delete any of your previously created LKU class certificates and credentials. The only way prior class certificates and credentials can be restored will be to work through the Lean Kanban Accredited Kanban Trainer to re-submit your personal data to Lean Kanban, with your consent, for the applicable class(es).
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us at our US office: Lean Kanban Inc., 200 First Avenue West, Suite 404, Seattle, Washington 98119 United States of America, Attention: Privacy Compliance; or via email (privacy@LeanKanban.com).
Changes to this policy
We may, from time to time, make changes to this policy. Please make sure you visit this page to see the most up-to-date policy. The current version of this policy has been revised in May 2018 and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
CONTACT USLean Kanban University | David J Anderson School of Management
Don’t Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!