Advanced Kanban Management Professional
June 6-7, 2019
Trainer: Teodora Bozheva
This course will teach coaching tools and techniques to be successful leading significant evolutionary change initiatives with a goal of achieving Maturity Level 2 or Maturity Level 3 at an enterprise scale. This 2-day class offers an abridged version of the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) Masterclass and is specifically designed to augment the 3-day Kanban Maturity Model class.
2-Day Registration (Inclusive 21% VAT)
If you or your employer have a permanent office in Spain, and you work in that permanent office, then VAT must be collected.
2-Day Registration (Exclusive VAT)
If your company is not resident in Spain or do not have a permanent establishment here (branches, offices etc), then VAT is not required. However, you must provide your tax number. If you have any questions please check with your accountant or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Understand Social Contextual Mapping as a means to see what and how to change
- Recognize four dimensions of social context as levers and understand tools to shift culture and sociology to enable change
- Social capital
- Social cohesion
- Social innovation
- Tribal behavior
- Understand “first who, then why” – why identity matters more than purpose in defining behavior
- How to identity tribes and informal social groups
- How to model the identity of individuals and groups
- How to predict behavior based upon identity
- How to analyze and model the social capital, social cohesion, and social innovation of the tribes in your workplace
- Tools, actions, behaviors and values to modify the sociology and culture in the workplace
- When to tighten social cohesion to drive change
- How to improve trust and social capital, versus how to undermine it
- How and when to use Kanban coaching tools such as STATIK, the Kanban Lens, the Kanban Litmus Test
- Identify the typical barriers and inertia blocking achievement of maturity levels 2, 3 and 4
- Learn to coach common objections such as “all our demand has a fixed delivery date,” and “all our demand is irrefutable”
- Learn when and how to implement the service delivery manage (SDM) and service request manager roles with Kanban
- How to negotiate implementation of Kanban with a broader group of stakeholders after completion of a STATIK workshop
Who Should Attend?
This class is intended to extend the coaching skills of those who have already taken the Kanban Maturity Model class. Together with the KMM it provides the full playbook of current Kanban coaching techniques.
This class is generally useful for anyone who wants to coach a Kanban initiative with a goal of achieving Maturity Level 3 using the playbook as map and guide.
The Kanban Maturity Model (KMM) course is required to attend this course.
Lean Kanban University® Certification
The KMM and A-KMP courses, along with the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) certification are required to attain the Advanced-Kanban Management Professional certification.
Day 1 – Sociology & Resistance to Change
- Understanding identity and how it relates to willingness or resistance to change
- Understanding social context
- Social capital / Trust
- Social cohesion
- Social innovation & adaptability
- Tribal assessment & behavior
Day 2 – Motivating & Implementing Change
- Traditional designed & managed change, and the J-curve effect
- Appropriateness of Kanban – contextual assessment
- STATIK – the systems thinking approach to implementing Kanban
- Barriers to achieving Maturity Level 2
- Barriers to achieving Maturity Level 3
- Coping with Fixed Date Demand
- Coping with Irrefutable Demand
- When and how to implement the SDM and SRM roles with Kanban
- Barriers to Maturity Level 4
- Kanban Litmus Test
- Kanban Coaching Philosophy
- 6 steps of the Change Motivation Escalator
- Wrap up, reflection
- “What will you do differently from next Monday?”
Cancellation Policy – Please Note:
With the goal of always delivering the most current and relevant content to students, please note that the class agenda, contents and schedule, are subject to change.
Substitutions are accepted at any time. Cancellations must be notified by email and refunds will be provided according to the following:
More than 10 days prior = 80% of course fee
5 to 10 days prior = 50% of course fee
Less than 5 days = no refund provided
Lean Kanban, Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if there are insufficient registrations or if presenters are unable to attend due to illness. If necessary, you will be notified no later than 7 days prior to the event and all registration payments will be refunded promptly. If circumstances require, presenters may be substituted for alternative qualified presenters with equivalent experience.
Please be advised that events can be subject to changes in date and/or venue due to acts out of our control such as bad weather, civil unrest, etc. It is recommended that you purchase changeable and refundable tickets. Lean Kanban, Inc. will not be responsible for incurred costs in the event that we need to make changes due to circumstances beyond our control.
For more information, please contact us at: LKU@LeanKanban.com